Suspected of rape and assault, Mason Greenwood will remain under judicial supervision until mid-June, local police announced on Friday. Arrested on January 30, the 20-year-old player was released under judicial supervision in early February.
“A request has been filed with the courts for his judicial review to be extended beyond Saturday April 30, but the hearing is not expected to take place until mid-June. The suspect remains on parole until the hearing,” Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.
An investigation had been opened after the publication on social networks of images and videos showing a young woman with a bloody face and bruises on her body, with the mention “to anyone who wants to know what Mason Greenwood is really doing to me “.
The Manchester United striker, who has not played a single game since January 22, was arrested and taken into custody. Greater Manchester Police said on Friday that they are “continuing to investigate this January 30 report”.