If you want to customize aspects of the game in Euro Truck Simulator 2, you can use cheats for that. You can use it to change the time of day, traffic or penalties, for example.
How to activate cheats in Euro Truck Simulator 2
To cheats in Euro truck simulator 2 to use it, you must activate it first. To do this, edit a file of the game.
- Open your computer’s file explorer and go to “Documents”. Click on the “Euro Truck Simulator 2” folder.
- Locate the “config.cfg” file and open it. The line is in the code uset g_console “0” uset g_console. Replace the zero with a one here.
- Then look for the line “uset g_developer “0” uset g_developer” and replace the zero with a one here as well. The cheats in Euro Truck Simulator 2 are now activated.
How to enter cheats in Euro Truck Simulator 2
After activating the cheats in the file, you can enter the codes directly in the game.
- Start Euro Truck Simulator 2 and enter the world.
- Press the “^” key. The input field opens, in which you enter the cheats.
- Enter a code and confirm your entry with the Enter key. For example, “edit europe” allows you to edit the default map, “g_traffic 0” removes the traffic in the game. There are also a number of other options available to you.