Six people are still missing on Saturday after a major fire tore through a building in downtown Montreal, Canada earlier this week, police said. An investigation has been opened by the SPVM arson section to determine the origin of the fire.
This fire engulfed a 15-unit building in downtown Montreal early Thursday morning. About 130 firefighters had to be deployed to control the flames in this late 19th century heritage-listed building. “An intervention plan must be made to start the work” of research aimed at finding the “six missing people”, Jean-Pierre Brabant, spokesman for the police department of the city, told AFP. city of Montreal (SPVM). Firefighters, police and investigators have still “not managed to get inside the building because the structure is unstable”, he further explained.
“For the moment, no death has been recorded,” said Jean-Pierre Brabant. Nine people were taken to hospital and two of them are still hospitalized.