After the death of Queen Elizabeth II.:Last trip: The Queen leaves London
- After a funeral procession through London, the coffin of the late Queen is taken in a car to Windsor Castle.
- 2000 guests of honor bid farewell to Elizabeth II in Westminster Abbey.
- In his homily, the Archbishop of Canterbury acknowledged that the Queen dedicated her life entirely to the service of the nation and the Commonwealth.
- Hundreds of thousands take to the streets of Britain to pay tribute to the Queen and pause for two minutes of silence.
- King Charles III thanks the many mourners for their sympathy and support.
By SZ authors
Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s longest reigning monarch, has died at the age of 96. Her son Charles succeeds her as king. All developments in the live blog:
With material from the news agencies