A smoking car – that’s what passers-by noticed at Westkreuz on Tuesday morning, as the Munich fire department reports. They made the driver aware of this and he stopped opposite a car repair shop. Employees ran out to help. According to the fire department, they discovered that there was a mattress stuck under the car, very close to the hot exhaust. They tried to get the mattress out with their combined efforts – but in vain.
When the fire department arrived, the smoke had already turned into a fire. Although it was able to be extinguished, the vehicle was still a total loss. The driver couldn’t explain how the mattress got under his car.