Crime: Fair attack: Suspect lived without permission in Münster

Fair attack: the suspect lived in Münster without permission

The scene of the crime in Münster, where a 31-year-old man was stabbed and died. photo

© David Poggemann/Nord-West-Media/dpa

After a deadly knife attack on the Send in Münster, a suspect turned himself in. The 21-year-old has only been living in Münster for a short time – and thus apparently violated the conditions of probation.

According to the authorities, a 21-year-old who is said to have stabbed a man at a fair in Münster should not have been in Münster at the time of the crime. The young man had only been registered in Münster “for a few weeks”, the city said when asked by the dpa. Because of a probation condition, however, he was actually obliged to take up residence in the Lower Saxony district of Osnabrück. However, the city of Münster does not receive any knowledge of such requirements when registering. The “Westfälische Nachrichten” had previously reported about it.

According to the public prosecutor’s office, the Kazakh suspect had been sentenced to youth imprisonment in 2017 for intentional bodily harm, among other things, and had served most of the time. The rest had been placed on probation but had not yet expired. As part of the probation conditions, he had to leave his previous environment in the Coesfeld district and move to a residential group in the Osnabrück district. He moved there in July 2021, a spokesman for the district reported on Friday. “He apparently lasted almost a year and left in May 2022.” This was immediately passed on to the judiciary. It is unclear where the young man stayed between moving out of the residential group and registering in Münster.

Even before moving to Lower Saxony, the man, who had a temporary residence permit, had been expelled by the Coesfeld district. He was to be deported to Kazakhstan, and an entry and residence ban had also been imposed, said Michael Labrenz, presiding judge of the Münster Administrative Court. He complained about this in December 2020 and filed an urgent application, which was granted with regard to deportation. The 21-year-old cannot be deported until the court has made its decision. There is no date for the hearing yet. It is also unclear which foreigners authority is currently responsible.

The suspect wanted on suspicion of murder, accompanied by his lawyer, turned himself in to the police on Wednesday and was taken into custody. He is said to have stabbed a 31-year-old with a knife on Saturday night on the send after an argument. The victim bled to death at the scene after being stabbed in the heart.


source site-1