Zorneding: Smoke detector saves the life of a 38-year-old – Ebersberg

His smoke detector saved the life of a 38-year-old man in Zorneding. According to the police, Zornedinger wanted to cook pasta after work on Thursday night. In the meantime, he probably sat down for a moment or lay down and was so exhausted that he fell into a comatose sleep and neither smelled the burnt pasta nor noticed the triggering fire alarm. Around two o’clock in the morning, the police in Poing were notified of the smell of fire and an active fire alarm at Herzogplatz. Only after the rescue workers had rang and knocked on the doorbell did the man finally open the door. After the apartment was well ventilated, he was able to continue his sleep. Except for the burnt noodles, there was no damage. 25 firefighters were on site. Smoke detectors are mandatory in all federal states. In the event of a fire, a smoke detector warns you in good time. Fire smoke is deadly. That is why even small fires can become a life-threatening hazard. Sleeping people are particularly at risk. Before they wake up, smoke knocks them out. There is a risk of suffocation. A smoke alarm device detects deadly fire smoke early on and warns with a loud, penetrating tone. People are woken up and alerted so early that rescue is possible.

source site