STORY: A week after the devastating cyclone in New Zealand, the death toll has risen to eleven. More than 6,430 people are still missing, the authorities said on Sunday. Further fatalities are to be feared, said Prime Minister Chris Hipkins in the capital Wellington. The true extent of the devastation is only slowly becoming clear. And, as before, there are disruptions in the telecommunications network, fresh water is scarce and some areas are difficult to access due to damaged roads. Supply chains have been disrupted, many crops have been destroyed and 28,000 households are still without electricity. The lives of those affected by the disaster were turned upside down. Hipkins had already classified the tropical storm “Gabrielle” as the greatest natural disaster in New Zealand in this century and declared a state of emergency. The cyclone hit New Zealand’s North Island on February 12. It caused widespread devastation and flooding. Whole farms, bridges and herds of cattle were washed away.