Cover image: Brendan Smialowski/AP
- The Ukrainian parliament has voted in favor of the appointment of the new defense minister, Rustem Umerov. His candidacy, nominated by Volodymyr Zelensky, was approved by 338 of 450 MPs, MPs reported. Mr. Umerov promised to do “everything possible and impossible for the victory of Ukraine”.
- The head of the pro-Russian temporary administration of Zaporizhia, Ievhen Balytsky, admitted that Russian troops had withdrawn from Robotynewhose recovery was claimed by kyiv, according to several Russian media.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken arrived in kyiv on Wednesday morning as part of an official visit. This is a two-day trip, when the diplomat should announce “new funding of more than a billion dollars [930 millions d’euros] for Ukraine »according to information from washington post.
- kyiv was targeted by a drone attack on Wednesday September 6. Air defense was activated, according to the military administration of the capital, destroying “all targets”said on Telegram the head of the military administration, Serhi Popko, who describes a combined Russian attack, with “cruise missile” and others “probably ballistic”.
- One person was killed in a Russian drone attack on the Odessa region, in southern Ukraine, local governor Oleh Kiper announced on Wednesday morning, adding that port and agricultural infrastructure had been damaged. “Unfortunately, one person died” of his injuries in the hospital, lamented Mr. Kiper on Telegram, specifying that the victim was an agricultural worker.
- Washington warns Pyongyang against any delivery of arms to Russia. Asked at a press conference about talks between Moscow and Pyongyang over arms delivery, US national security adviser Jake Sullivan said: “It will not reflect well on North Korea and they will pay the price in the international community. »
- Romania mentions Russian drone attacks near its border. There were new attacks targeting Ukraine on Tuesday, said Klaus Iohannis, the president of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) member country, the day after Russian drones fell on the shore. Romanian Danube.
- At least 890 cluster munitions casualties were recorded in Ukraine in 2022. The war in Ukraine has raised the number of people killed and injured by these weapons worldwide to the highest level since at least 2010, according to a report released Tuesday by the Cluster Munition Monitor, a coalition of non-governmental organizations. organizations (NGOs).
- The UK will place the Wagner Group on its list of terrorist organisations. “Wagner is a violent and destructive organization that acted as an overseas military tool for Vladimir Putin’s Russia”said British Home Secretary Suella Braverman.
Find our direct from Tuesday, September 5 by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reporting. In Ukraine, with deminers: “It sometimes took me four days to clear 150 meters, but there is no other option”
Facts. Erdogan fails to convince Putin to return to Ukrainian grain transport deal
Facts. Cluster munitions mainly kill civilians, Human Rights Watch says
Decryption. Russia delivers planes to Iranian Air Force
Investigation. Why Russia is increasing drone attacks on ports in southern Ukraine
Decryption. In Ukraine, the fall of a minister and an oligarch
Interview. Yuri Felshtinsky, historian: “Nothing will change in Russia until the security services are dismantled”
Encounter. Dmytro Kuleba, Ukrainian Foreign Minister: “Russia has become Europe’s greatest enemy”
Decryption. Robotyne, the first Ukrainian breach in the Russian lines of defense
Cards. The maps of the war in Ukraine, since the beginning of the Russian invasion, in February 2022