- Russian forces maintain their pressure on the eastern and southern regions of Ukraine, particularly around Kharkov, to North-east. Violent explosions were heard overnight from Friday to Saturday in the country’s second city, pounded for weeks by Russian artillery.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that although the situation in this northeastern region was ” difficult “, ” [les] military [ukrainiens] achieve tactical success. This is particularly the case at Rouska Lozova, a village taken over by the Ukrainians north of Kharkiv, from where Russian forces say they were shelling the city. The village was liberated after intense fighting, and more than 600 residents were evacuated, according to the Ukrainian defense ministry.
- HAS Mariupolthe large port city in the south-east fell essentially into Russian hands, where the evacuation of civilians trapped with Ukrainian soldiers in the Azovstal steelworks was envisaged on Friday, a team from Agence France-Presse heard heavy bombardments on the steel complex, which did not seem to allow such an operation.
- Russia confirmed on Friday that it had bombed Kyiv the day before, claiming to have targeted military and strategic objectives, in full visit of the Secretary General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres. A strike that caused the death of a Ukrainian journalist from Radio Liberty, an emblematic media funded by the United States.
- While Vladimir Poutine was invited, like Volodymyr Zelensky, to the G20 summit scheduled for November in Indonesia, the United States said it refused to deal with the Russian president ” Like nothing ever happened “.
- The Norway will follow in the footsteps of the European Union, of which it is not a member, by in turn closing its ports to Russian ships, with the exception of trawlers.
- A former US Marine The 22-year-old was killed in Ukraine where he left in mid-March to fight Russian forces, family members said. The Pentagon asked the Americans to “not surrender” in the country.
- More than 5.4 million Ukrainians have left their country since the start of the Russian invasion, including 57,000 in the past 24 hours, the United Nations noted.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. Forgotten by Moscow, loyal to Putin: Fère-Champenoise, Russian-style fatalism
Testimonials. Ukrainian and Russian exiles in France: “I have the impression that the future is messy and unfair”
Portfolio. Two weeks of war on the Donbass front
Video. Bombings in kyiv: “It’s a middle finger from Putin”
Narrative. Language barrier, housing difficulties, over-educated people… Ukrainian refugees struggle to find a job in France
Report. In Kharkiv, “nobody was going to welcome the Russians with flowers”
Editorial. The war in Ukraine changes its nature
Narrative. “Filtration camps”, a practice already used in Chechnya
Cards. Day after day, the war in Ukraine in cards
You can find our live yesterday on this link
“Why is my question not published? » : How? ‘Or’ What The world manages contributions in live tracks