Creams & Co.
Nivea beauty advent calendar: give away cosmetics instead of chocolate
Gone are the days when advent calendars were only filled with chocolate. Big brands like Nivea now offer a colorful potpourri of selected products for the Christmas season. We opened the 24 little doors.
The year is 1905 when Nivea is registered in the German Patent and Trademark Office. Only six years later, the well-known cream in cans is already available in numerous drugstores – and can still be found there today. The range now includes a wide range of different care products for women, men and children. Whether cosmetics, hair care, shower gel, body lotion, hand cream, deodorant, soap or facial cleanser: Nivea tries to meet all of the needs of daily personal hygiene. But does that also apply to the advent calendar?
Spoiler alert: All the products hidden behind the 24 doors are listed below.
Nivea Advent Calendar 2022: That’s all there is to it
With a price of just under 40 euros is the Nivea advent calendar in the higher-priced segment. This raises the question of what the person receiving the gift will get in return – and whether the value of the goods is justified. To find out, he star Christmas brought forward and all 24 doors opened one after the other. At least eleven full-size care products came to light, numerous travel sizes with a little less content and various beauty accessories: such as a soap bag (for the soap it contains), a hair clip, a glass file and a pocket mirror. And on top of that there is a Christmas cookie cutter in the shape of a star for baking.
Here you will find the exact list of all care products again:
- NIVEA Volume & Strength PH Balance Shampoo (50 ml)
- NIVEA Q10 Power Face Mask (2 x 2.75 ml)
- NIVEA Micellair 5in1 Micellar Water Sensitive Skin (100 ml),
- NIVEA Rich Body Milk (75 ml)
- NIVEA Care (50ml)
- NIVEA Soft Refreshing Moisturizing Cream (50 ml)
- NIVEA 5in1 Day Care BB Light (50 ml)
- NIVEA Cream (30 ml)
- Labello Velvet Rose Lip Balm (5.5 ml)
- Labello Fig + Coconut Caring Scrub (5.5 ml)
- NIVEA Intensive Care Hand Cream (30 ml)
- NIVEA Express Moisturizing Hand Cream (75 ml)
- NIVEA Rose Blossom Gel-Cream Day Care (50 ml)
- NIVEA Strawberry & Milk Soap (90 g),
- NIVEA Gentle Eye Make-up Remover (125 ml)
- NIVEA Pure & Sensitive Antiperspirant (50 ml)
- NIVEA Good Morning Fresh Skin Face Mask (2 x 7.5 ml)
- NIVEA Soothing Night Care Sensitive Skin (50 ml)
- NIVEA cookie cutter star (1 piece)
- NIVEA bracelet star (1 piece)
- NIVEA soap bag (1 piece)
- NIVEA pocket mirror (1 piece)
- NIVEA glass file (1 piece)
- NIVEA hair clip (1 piece).
Can packaging and design convince?
Even though the Nivea advent calendar was delivered sealed in a plastic sleeve, you have to give it credit for the fact that the entire packaging is made of cardboard. Apart from the care products it contains, plastic has been largely avoided, so that the calendar can be disposed of in the paper waste after Christmas without hesitation. A plus in the area of sustainability.
The design, on the other hand, comes with a Christmassy decor and looks very high quality. The 24 doors are distributed on both sides of the cardboard box, so the calendar is painted on all sides. According to the manufacturer, the weight is 2.16 kilograms, so that the gift can be sent without any problems and can also be accepted by anyone at the door.
Conclusion: pampering moments to give away
All in all, there is nothing wrong with the advent calendar – assuming, of course, that the person receiving the gift likes Nivea products and likes to use them. Because even if the contents contain a balanced mixture of care and cleaning, the 24 surprises all come from the same house. The small travel sizes, which fit in every wash bag and are therefore ideal for on the go, are particularly practical. The sustainable packaging is also positive, as is the high-quality design.
Conclusion: For around 40 euros, the advent calendar is a perfect Christmas gift for anyone who would be happy to receive Nivea care products.
You might also be interested in:
This article contains so-called affiliate links. There is more information here.