Cover image: VALENTYN OGIRENKO / REUTERS
- Ukraine stopped, Tuesday, January 17, its search for survivors in Dnipro (Centre-Est) in the rubble of a residential building destroyed by a Russian missile. This is one of the deadliest bombings of the war: the toll is at least 45 dead, including six children.
- According to an initial report by the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Andriy Kostin, “fragments of the missile were foundwhich allow us to identify it as a Kh-22 type supersonic cruise missile »says a press release from the presidency. “These missiles are only available in a unit of the Russian Aerospace Forcesthe 52ᵉ heavy bomber aviation regiment”he adds.
- Andriy Yermak, the chief of staff of the Ukrainian president, speaking by videoconference before the World Economic Forum in Davos (Switzerland), has “stressed the importance of create a special international tribunal » to judge “Russian leadership and all criminals” to “Russian aggression against Ukraine”according to a press release.
- The commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian army, Valeri Zaluzhny, has met for the first time, on Tuesday in Poland, thee US Chief of Staff, Mark Milleyto which he shared his “urgent needs”.
- In Davos, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz faced increased pressure on Tuesday in order to authorize the delivery, including by third countries which are equipped with them, of German Leopard 2 tanks, which kyiv has been demanding for weeks.
Find our live yesterday by clicking on this link.
In images, in pictures. In Dnipro, Ukraine, life suspended in the ruins after a Russian bombardment
Decryption. European countries promise first tanks in kyiv
Investigation. In France, the counter-offensive of the pro-Russian media