he gets intoxicated trying to create his own disinfectant

A 67-year-old man from Perpignan became intoxicated while trying to create his own weedkiller. Believing to find the miracle solution, he mixed caustic soda, bleach and white vinegar. However, bleach and white vinegar are toxic when combined. Their mixture creates a dangerous chlorine gas.

In respiratory distress, the victim was transported by firefighters to the Perpignan hospital center. The occupants of the building, a two-story residence, were brought to safety while the building was ventilated. They were then able to return to their homes.

source site