- Favorite readings can be shared.
- Our community recommends a new book to you every day.
- Today, “The meeting, a philosophy” by Charles Pépin, published on January 14, 2021 by Allary Editions.
Her favorite quote:
When we take the measure of the importance of meetings, we take a different look at the works that nourish us, at our very life. We are dependent on others. The meeting is not a pleasure, an accessory alternative, it is essential to us, it shapes our personality; it is at the heart of the adventure of our existence.
Why this book?
- Because the author gives us back the taste of the meeting, whether friendly, professional, romantic or even artistic.
- Because the author makes us aware to what point talents can be revealed or reinforced thanks to a decisive meeting. He thus invites us to be more available to live the adventure of our life through co-creation.
- Because the author offers an important place to meet a work of art, how much love at first sight for a painting, a music, a sculpture, a book, can turn our life upside down.
- Because the author emphasizes the essential side of culture in our life. And these days, being aware that culture and art are essential is precious.
The essentials in 2 minutes
The plot. Why do certain encounters give us the impression of being reborn? Charles Pépin questions us and summons the magic of the meeting to open us to our best life. Let’s be available to meet, it’s the most beautiful adventure there is.
Characters. Charles Pépin himself, but also Plato, Christian Bobin, Picasso, Clint Eastwood, David Bowie, Mick Jagger …
Places. Around the world.
The time. From antiquity to the present day.
The author. Charles Pépin is a philosopher and novelist.
This book was read with the impression of having made a real meeting. The meeting, the link, the co-creation are my oxygen. This book allowed me to feel even more gratitude towards all these people who entered my life as if by magic and with whom I share the spice of life.
Do you want to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 minutes of context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission that helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, write their files and their reviews in complete independence, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added a posteriori, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thanks in advance to everyone who clicks!